Over 750 committed and dedicated attorneys, community members, and youth volunteer with Utah Law Related Education each year.
- In our mock trial competition, they volunteer as judges for over 100 junior high and high school mock trials statewide and as attorney coaches for mock trial teams.
- They are speakers and mentors to classrooms of students in our Mentor/Dialogue on Democracy Program.
- For our We the People: The Citizen and the Constitution Program, they volunteer their time to be judges, facilitators, and timers at our junior high and high school district and state mock congressional hearings.
- In our We the People: Project Citizen Program, they judge the portfolios at our district and state congressional showcases.
- Our Salt Lake Peer Court student volunteers adjudicate and mentor the youth offenders after receiving training in conflict resolution, mediation, bias awareness, communication skills, peer mentoring, state statutes, team building, and courtroom procedures.
- Our adult Peer Court advisors receive similar training and are assigned to youth volunteers with whom they attend the court hearings to provide support and guidance when needed.